IBM Sr Systems Administrator (Linux) in SPRINGFIELD, Virginia
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Sr Systems Administrator (Linux):
· Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
· Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
· Sets up administrator and service accounts.
· Maintains system documentation.
· Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
· Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
· Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
· May program in an administrative language.
· Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
· Provides advice and training to end-users.
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
· Participates in special projects as required.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· TS / SCI (with Poly) Clearance Required for consideration.
· 5-8 years of related experience in systems administration and analysis.
· BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
· 2-5 yrs of directly related experience in a network/system administration related support role.
· Security++ or similar 8570 qualified certifications.
· RHEL Systems Administration Experience 5+ years.
· VMware ESX /5.5/6.0/6.5 VMware vROPS 6.x, Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, Unix/Linux familiarity, Windows 7/8/10, TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· "VMWare Experience 1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support. 2. Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products. 3. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment. 4. Knowledge of basic networking principles (routing, DNS, etc.) and/or system administration (perfmon, services, software installation, etc.) desired. 5. Working knowledge of enterprise monitoring technologies (BMC BEM/SIM/BPPM, HP NNM, CA eHealth, etc.) and ITSM suites (Remedy, Siebel, HP Service Desk, etc.) desired.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.